If you are sending files to me here is how to format them:
- I work in ProTools HD. So if you have Protools sessions you
are already compatible.
- If you are not working in ProTools, please render each track without processing from the same starting
point. This is so they can easily be dropped into ProTools and lined up.
- I prefer 24bit,44.1kHz resolution. If your project
is already at a different bit depth/sample rate do not change it. That is something I would rather do myself. I cannotwork with 32bit files.
- If you are sending Protools sessions, do not render the edits. Or if you do, do it in a new playlist
so the original is still there just in case. Also, I may not have all of your plugins. So if there is a very effected
sound done by a plugin that you are in love with, please bounce it or render it but also leave the original in the session.
send the files on DVD-R or a Mac formatted hard drive. Arrangements can also be made to send files electronically, depending
on the size/number of songs.
- If you have permissions/locking on the files, please turn it off.
Bands preparing for the studio
- Please have new strings/fresh heads on your instruments.
- Broken cymbals sound like broken cymbals.
- Drummers please
consider using the studio kit. It sounds good. However; please still bring your cymbals and stands if you do. We
have some, but not a bunch.
- Bass players; yes bring your rig. We may not end up using it, but I want it there so we have the
- Guitar players; also bring your rig even if you think we won't use it.
- Chapman has a grand piano, a Hammond B3, and some different
guitar amps at your disposal. Please visit http://www.chapmanrecording.com for more info on what's available.
- Any other
quiestions you can email me at email@example.com.